We have swimmers of all levels and we strongly encourage anyone interested in swimming to come join us in the pool. We welcome beginners! If you are really uncertain about joining, come by and watch one of our practice sessions, talk to our coach and swim team members and get to know us.
Our Membership Coordinator is happy to answer all of your questions and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the desire to be part of a fun, dynamic swim team
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You can swim one length of pool (25 meters or yards; don't worry about speed, distance or technique)
- Long Beach Grunions membership: $45 per month
- USMS Membership: $70 per year (as of 2023)
New swimmers have a one-month trial before they are required to join USMS. If you choose to take advantage of the one-month trial, complete this form and bring it with you to your first practice.
- If you are just completing the trial period, you'll need to first join USMS and select Long Beach Grunions (LBG) as your team!
- Complete the Grunion Registration after which you will receive a welcome email.
- Come to practice!
Current members of the Long Beach Grunions can update their address and/or payment information by logging into the Grunion Portal.
Are you a non-member interested in swimming with the Long Beach Grunions? If so, and you are a current USMS member, you can pay a $10 fee per workout to attend any of our regular practices by paying here.
Those swimmers wanting to swim as a Grunion at swim meets only, may register for an annual satellite membership which costs $25 per year. Please note that this level of membership does not allow you access to practices and coaching.
Your monthly dues help keep the team functioning. They pay for pool rental, club registration to the USMS, insurance, etc. Your dues also cover your entry fee at the pool each time you attend practice. Payable the first day of every month, dues are nonrefundable, as the coach and pool must be ready for practice regardless of whether or not you can make every practice. Should you need to postpone or cancel your dues, you must give notice in writing ten days prior to the start of the month by sending an email to the Grunion Treasurer.
USMS membership is required. Benefits of membership are a subscription to SWIMMER magazine, eligibility to enter Masters swim meets, discounts from USMS partners and exclusive content on the USMS site. They also provide our insurance.